At Surveypal, customer trust is at the core of everything we do. During the past years, we have been working tirelessly to ensure data security and protection. That is why when we first heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we immediately got to work to ensure our service will be GDPR compliant before it takes effect in May 2018.
What is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
GDPR takes effect in the European Union (EU) in May 25th, 2018 and it marks the biggest shift in EU privacy regulations for the past 20 years. GDPR is designed to expand the privacy rights of EU individuals and sets regulations for how organizations collect, store, and process customer data, regardless of whether the organization has a physical presence in EU or not. The GDPR comprises a set of rules that mandate the following:
- Privacy design: The aspect of data privacy should be integral to data management design and day-to-day business operations
- Data minimization: Organizations are expected to store and process only data pertinent to the delivery of their product or service and limit internal access to said data on a need-to-know basis
- Accountability: The use of personal data is legally protected
- Right to access: EU residents can access all their stored personal data upon request
- Right to delete: An individual’s personal data can be deleted upon request
- Portability: An individual’s personal data can be transferred to another provider upon request
- Data protection officers: In some cases, organizations that handle large amounts of personal data should assign a data protection officer to oversee the process and ensure GDPR compliance
What is Surveypal doing to ensure GDPR compliance?
Surveypal embraces GDPR regulations in the spirit of reinforcing our long-term commitment to data protection and helping our customers comply with GDPR requirements as well. These are the steps we are taking towards that direction:
- We are working to make sure our systems, processes, and data flows are aligned with GDPR regulations
- We are making sure that everyone, starting with higher management, is familiar with and understands the importance of GDPR. This allows for a cross functional team of people, from engineering to marketing, to address GDPR requirements and allocate time and resources to ensure compliance
- In our locations, outside the EU, we put into action a plan to make provision for GDPR a fundamental element of our business
- We are updating our vendor agreements to make sure our partners are GDPR compliant as well
- We are working to make enhancements to our product and documentation which support GDPR compliance and ensure partnership between Surveypal and our customers in the use of our service
- We are focusing in accountability and are building processes that show where data is stored, how it is being used, and who has access to it
The success of our customers is paramount for Surveypal. We strive to make sure our data privacy and security endeavours meet the higher standards in the industry. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com for more information.